Sunday, September 2, 2012

Allow Me To Introduce Myself

My name is Andy Brinkman and I'm the new Studio Leader for The Art Department's Kansas City studio. I am a member of the first class of The Art Department. I moved here to Kansas City sight unseen to give what was at the time a small yet promising new school a chance. I'm certainly glad I did! Since then I've had the pleasure of working my way through the illustration program. Along the way I've had innumerable great experiences, became a part of the vibrant community of artists that is our student body, and learned more than I ever imagined I could about making pictures.

I now have the great honor of serving the students of The Art Department here in Kansas City. I'd like to say a big thank you to Trey Bryan, the former KCMO Studio Leader. He's been an inspiration, showing us here at the KCMO Studio how to be prolific, seek out opportunity, and create a market for the kind of work you're passionate about. I hope to bring my own unique set of skills to the sixth floor of the Hobbs building and be a resource to not only students, but the community. You'll see the students and I posting here more often about all manner of things; updates from the studio, personal interests, new art, and ephemera.

I'm really excited to be a part of The Art Department staff and a member of the Kansas City art community. If you live in Kansas City or are coming to town and would like to come draw with use or see the studio, please drop me a line!

You can email me at andrew.j.brinkman@gmail.com or check out my blog at http://brnkblog.tumblr.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment